Volunteers make all the difference in the world!
Here are 10 things you – as a volunteer coordinator – can consider as you grow your program.
- Have you developed a volunteer engagement, management and recognition program for your division?
- Are volunteer roles and responsibilities for your program clearly defined, documented and updated?
- Are you tracking past, current and potential volunteers and how they can be – or are – of service? Are you tracking their interests, relationships and birthdays?
- How do you communicate with your volunteers?
- How do your volunteers communicate with you?
- How do you inspire and motivate your volunteers on a consistent basis?
- Have you developed an ongoing support and training program to support and grow volunteer involvement?
- Do you encourage volunteers to make a financial gift to your organization?
- Have you developed a volunteer manual to help guide and orient your volunteers to your organization and the needs of the community?
- Do you have a “buddy system” that pairs new volunteers with more experienced volunteers?